Thursday, December 17, 2009

Judgement day is here. Everybody wave goodbye to the Zombies!

First off, KPFA interviews Nancy Timberlake and Jack Nicholson. It's good to hear the support for NUHW is still very strong and SEIU is, as usual, reeling from mass rejection from workers, politicians, clergy, community members, me, etc.





Next Labor Notes details the changes in SEIU that brought about the trusteeship, abandonment of workers at Memorial and a miserable failure at shuffling workers against their will and without a vote. I'm glad I jumped off this sinking ship long ago.



Finally, the New York Times Press Democrat announces the election for Memorial workers. Following this election will keep me busy but I can't wait for the vote count. When I know you'll know.




1 comment:

  1. The clock is ticking and later today we should all be celebrating NUHW's victory at Memorial. Early reports from observers on the ground are "we're cautiously optimistic."

    I personally can't find any good media reports supporting SEIU's civil war with NUHW. On the contrary, all media reports appear to condemn SEIU's collusion with employers at the expense and detriment of healthcare workers. SEIU has simply burned too many people to ever be trusted again.

    ReplyDelete