Thursday, January 28, 2010

Broadening my scope; further reading

When I created this blog I had a strict focus on NUHW efforts for representation of Sonoma county healthcare workers. My intent was to unite all healthcare workers by informing fellow workers of what was going all across the county and the industry in the county. Since then I have posted entries having to do with state politics that affect homecare workers. I keep up on what is happening elsewhere in the state including the landslide victory for Kaiser workers in southern California. There is too much amazing stuff (victories, mostly) going on and too much to share to keep a lid on this very exciting workers'/members' revolt. So without duplicating what is already covered on ¡Adiós, Andy!, Stern Burger with Fries, I am going to expand my focus to the occasional entry about what is going on outside of Sonoma county but is NUHW related and always quite exciting. Here's a taste of what else is going in the wonderful world of NUHW and other progressive causes in the labor movement. I feel the best defense against the Zombie war & propaganda machine in information from multiple
sources. So read up: it's quite entertaining.

I read and am inspired by Tasty Burger's Stern Burger with Fries blog as well as Sierra Spartan's always impressive ¡Adiós, Andy! Both have a year of trusteeship in review shown here (Tasty's) as well as here (Sierra's). So go forth and y'all, there is whole world of Zombie stupidity which is very well documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment