Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4th District Canidate Mike McGuire

I met Mike at the NUHW fundraiser last year and found a pleasant guy who really listened to the plight of SEIU prisoners in general and specifically homecare members. He's now running for 4th District County supervisor. Though this blog entry is a not an endorsement, I thought I'd publicize his effort nonetheless.

Below is the text of his email inviting folks to his meet and greet. I'll be there so maybe you can join me in bending his ear and letting him know healthcare workers deserve better consideration than his predecessor. His stated goals are good but healthcare is conspicuously absent. Let's plant the seeds of knowledge now so he's familiar with our needs if he become supervisor.

It's my birthday so I'll be hoisting a pint or two!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're Invited!
Dear Neighbor,

My name is Mike McGuire and I am running for Sonoma County Supervisor.

I am running to represent every resident of Sonoma County, but I want you to know I have a personal relationship with Cloverdale.
Invitation

My mom lives in town and my grandparents were residents of Clover Springs for more than a decade. In addition, I have already knocked on hundreds of doors throughout the community.

That’s why I hope you will be able to join us at a special event filled with live music, great food and wonderful Sonoma County ales hosted by Cloverdale Councilmember Mary Ann Brigham, Healdsburg Mayor and Cloverdale dentist Jim Wood and Cloverdale attorney Jim DeMartini:


WHAT: Celebrate Cloverdale and Meet-Up with Mike McGuire!

WHEN: Thursday, January 21, 5:30 – 7:00 PM

WHERE: Ruth McGowan's Brewpub, 131 East St., Cloverdale (map)

HOSTED BY: Cloverdale Councilmember Mary Ann Brigham, Healdsburg Mayor and Cloverdale dentist Jim Wood and Cloverdale attorney Jim DeMartini

RSVP: Click here or contact Mike at (707) 838-3279 or Events@MikeForSupervisor.com
Please be sure to let us know how many people are coming!


I’m running for supervisor because I believe a better Sonoma County starts with taking bold steps to improve our economy, restore excellence to our schools, protect our environment and preserve our strong agricultural heritage.

I look forward to listening to what you have to say about the issues that are important to your family. Together, we’ll make Cloverdale’s prosperity a priority!


I hope to see you on the 21st in Cloverdale!



Signature
Mike McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment